This meal is great as it also allows you to prepare soft finger foods for your baby once weaning starts (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower).
- New Potatoes
- Vegetables (you can use whatever you have) – peppers, carrots, courgettes, cherry tomatoes, garlic gloves, broccoli, cauliflower etc.
- Skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- Sunflower oil
- Cut the potatoes in half and the vegetables into chunky portions
- Par-boil potatoes and carrots for 15 mins
- Add the cauliflower and broccoli florets and cook for a further 5 mins
- Preheat oven to 200C/Gas 6.
- Put potatoes garlic and all the vegetables in oven to cook for 20 mins
- Heat oil in pan. Add chicken and fry until cooked through
- Stir 2 table spoons of pesto into the chicken and mix in with roasted vegetables
- Season with salt and pepper if required
The chicken is a good source of protein whilst the vegetables contribute to your 5 a day and are a good source of dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and folate.